In the spirit of the current holiday season (next holiday being Thanksgiving, of course), I give you the following article/slideshow:
http://news.cnet.com/2300-17938_105-87.html?tag=rtcol;newsNow
This article showcases a variety of gadgets that consumers are thankful to have. I appreciate the kudos that the submitters give to the products, but I even more appreciate the title. I've been getting tired of hearing, "I can't live without my ___", when obviously, yea, you could. You just don't want to.
The other thing I liked about this article was the appropriate use of the word "gadget," meaning "something that's fun to play with but that I could probably do without, even though I don't really want to." Although I'm not sure that a laptop counts necessarily as a gadget, I can throw caution to the wind just this one time and call it that.
I especially appreciated post #2, which is a car stereo. The author here has gotten a rather snazzy stereo system, but it is one that she says she "can grow into," so she doesn't feel the need to continually go out and buy new stuff, and she got it because her old system was broken, and not because it was the wrong color or something like that. Honestly, I appreciate that she wrote plenty of candid thoughts on the product and why she likes it instead of just saying, "this is cool, so I bought one."
I also liked post #3, where the author stated that he was at first reluctant to use the product that he, in the end, liked best of all. It's almost a Cinderella story of gadgets. I appreciated that the writer here gave both positives and negatives for the thing as well as saying why he's thankful for it in the end. It makes things less like a product endorsement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment